Kissflow lays off 15% of its workforce due to strategic restructuring and performance evaluations.


Kissflow, a Chennai-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, recently lay off around 15% of its personnel, affecting approximately 45-50 individuals across many areas such as sales, marketing, and product development. This decision is the result of a strategic shift in the company’s product emphasis and the findings of its yearly performance assessments.

Information about the layoff

Why did Kissflow begin these layoffs? Kissflow’s CEO and co-founder, Suresh Sambandam, stated that the firm has shifted from a “land-motion” procurement strategy to a “expand-motion” one geared at growing client acquisition across its products. This strategy shift led to the layoff of around 20-25 individuals. The corporation also completed its biennial performance assessments, which resulted in the discharge of another 20 employees.

Severity and Impact

What effect has the situation had on the impacted employees? Kissflow had more than 400 employees prior to the layoffs. Employees in India, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates were laid off, with less than five in the latter two areas. The corporation has offered affected employees with severance compensation and outplacement services. Sambandam stated that 90% of the laid-off individuals have already found new employment, while the other 10% are likely to do so shortly.

History and expansion of the business

What does Kissflow provide, and how has it evolved over time? Kissflow, founded in 2012, focuses on cloud-based no-code and low-code task management solutions. Over 10,000 clients use its products in 160 countries. The firm operates from Chennai, the United States, and Dubai. Despite recent layoffs, Kissflow remains committed to its core services and client acquisition techniques.

Financial and Strategic Aspects

What is Kissflow’s financial and strategic positioning? Kissflow is still a bootstrapped firm that has never obtained external investment. CEO Suresh Sambandam stated that the company is not in a hurry to seek external financing until market conditions and values improve. The layoffs are part of a larger initiative to streamline operations and focus on the Low-Code Platform, the company’s main offering.

The Market Context

What larger market factors are impacting these choices? Kissflow’s layoffs come amid a global slump in the SaaS market, exacerbated by adverse macroeconomic conditions and the growing influence of artificial intelligence on traditional business models. Other SaaS businesses, such as Nasdaq-listed Freshworks, have also cut jobs in response to similar constraints.


What can stakeholders glean from these developments? Kissflow’s recent layoffs are part of a company-wide strategic realignment and performance improvement initiative. While such measures are difficult, they are intended to ensure the company’s long-term viability and growth. Investors and stakeholders should keep an eye on how Kissflow manages these developments and capitalizes on new market possibilities in the changing SaaS ecosystem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *